As the Light Cinema gears up for its first birthday celebrations, there are many reasons to celebrate. The Marine Point leisure and restaurant development in New Brighton has enjoyed a bumper summer with businesses exceeding expectations, with the Light cinema leading the way. According to Light Cinema co-owner John Sullivan – “we have exceeded our targets and most satisfyingly our customers have consistently fed back how much they enjoy our cinema, from film range to service.”
The fully digital 8-screen cinema shows the best in mainstream and independent film, plus live screenings of arts, music and sports events as well as education programmes, kids clubs and parent and baby screenings.
Firmly rooted in its community, and committed to offering what local people want – the diverse programme of events genuinely offers something for everyone.
The licensed screens mean that you can enjoy a drink with your film of choice, plus we now offer a range of food in our comfortable and stylish café, where our trained baristas enjoy serving the best quality coffee in New Brighton!
As well as the latest film releases, we will also be showing live screenings of the finest opera and ballet:-
- Offenbach’s “Tales of Hoffman” – Opera de Paris (19 September)
- Wagner’s “Siegfried” – La Scala (23 October)
- Wagner’s “Lohengrin” – La Scala (7 December)
- Bizet’s “Carmen” – Opera de Paris (13 December)
- Marius Petioa’s “Don Quixote” ballet (Nureyev version) – Opera de Paris (18 December).
Plus the following special screenings and classic films:-
- “Let the Bullets Fly” (“Rang zidan fei”) – The second most successful Chinese film of all time in mainland China, Let the Bullets Fly is a broad comedy western transposed to a lawless area of 1920s China dominated by warlords. More specifically it’s a take on Sergio Leone’s A Fistful of Dollars, which in turn was Kurosawa’s samurai picture, Yojimbo, reworked as a western. (21-27 September).
- “Back to the Future Trilogy” – see all three films back to back (23 September)
- “To Rome with Love” – Woody Allen’s latest romcom – set in Rome and starring Penelope Cruz (28 September – 4 October)
- “The Sound of Music” – just the thing for a nostalgic Sunday afternoon (30 September)
- “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” (from 26 October)
- “The Shining” (from 31 October)
- “Lawrence of Arabia” (from 16 November)
And don’t miss:-
- “Queen – Live in Budapest” (20 September)
- “The Doors – Live at the Bowl – 1968” (24 September)
Schools and family audiences are the first in the UK to try Cinema Park’s unique multi-sensory and interactive “edu-tainment” programmes: half day voyages of discovery about animals and planet Earth. For more information, contact Jane on 07866 871275 or firstname.lastname@example.org
This is your cinema – come and be a part of “the comfiest, friendliest cinema on the Wirral.”
0151 214 1370
The Light Cinema, Marine Point, New Brighton, CH45 2HZ